Greetings from ATL, GA!!! Time for some thoughts.
- I’ve read more java code in the last 2 days than I have the rest of my 15,800-ish days on this earth combined. I’ll be honest… not my favorite thing to do. But I’m still kicking a$$ at it!
- I’m trying to start an AIP paleo diet again. I do pretty well for a few days and then something happens and I blow it. Ugh. I suck.
- Related note – I think I’d do better if I could get my nighttime snacking under control… and my nighttime drinking. (DAMN YOU, RUMCHATA! I hate you. Go away. No, come back. I love you. NO, I HATE YOU. Awww, I’m sorry. You know I love you. <sigh>)
- Had parent teacher conferences this week. I was needlessly worried. (SQUIRREL – I was a little surprised and then concerned to learn that this school is a little more academically advanced than our last school… which I thought was already advanced.)
- Related note – Daughter #2 is doing very well. She has her struggles with paying attention, but she’s getting great grades and is reading far beyond the expected level of her class. Feel free to ask her about Ben Franklin or land masses. She’s now an expert on both.
- Another related note – Daughter #1 has higher than a straight A report card (she had more than one 3+ grades on her 3 point grade scale). She is also reading AND writing far beyond her grade level. Her teacher will be putting her in an advanced group in the next grading period.
- Unrelated note – #1 is learning to sew. We’re making her Halloween costume.
- Back to related notes – I’m one VERY proud momma.
- Since I’ve moved here, I have several grocery stores I frequent, but I cannot find a place I like to shop for clothes yet. It’s killing me!
- Apparently this week is the official start of boot season down here. WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!
One last thing… I’d like to ask a favor. If you are religious or spiritual, I have a prayer, positive thoughts, white lights, or whatever you can spare request. My husband’s grandmother just got released from the hospital and is home now with hospice. Please pray for comfort and peace for her and her family. Thanks much.