Oh. My. GOSH!!!!! I got to meet Sarah Ballantyne today!!!!!
The Squirrel meets The Paleo Mom – The Paleo Approach Cookbook book signing
When I moved to the Atlanta area, I knew I’d be exposed to some cool new things. And when I got the email that Sarah’s new book, The Paleo Approach Cookbook, was coming out and she was having a book signing only 30 minutes from my house, I was more than excited.
The Paleo Approach (her first book) literally changed my life. It’s all about healing automimmune diseases with a modified paleo diet. Sarah explains all the science behind autoimmune issues and how they can be addressed by changing your diet. While reading her book, I found out that I had been diagnosed with 3 different autoimmune disorders over the last couple of years. When I read that book, I sat on my couch in the middle of the night and cried. I literally said out loud that night, “She gets me.” That book made me accept that what I was experiencing wasn’t just in my head. Reading about her journey, and realizing that I was going through something similar, gave me so much hope that I could fix it and get better. And tonight I got to thank her for all of that.
HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!?!
She is amazing. I already knew she was wicked smart. But she’s also super funny and really nice. She gave me advice on which farmer’s market I should go to and where I should buy my pastured pork. We laughed and we hugged. And she let me get a TON of pictures for my blog.
So, stay tuned to hear all about her new cookbook and the many, many recipes I will be trying in the near future. 🙂
One last thing, a big HUGE thank you to my driver/photographer/all-around-amazing-bestie, Mitchell… who not only drove me there, stood in line for a long time as one of only 4 men in that store, took every one of these pictures, and even ate the catered paleo food. You are absolutely the best!
1. I drove approximately 550 miles today. I am way tired.
2. The gas station next door sells single Angry Orchards ( naturally gluten free. Boom.). Thank you, Shell station. Seriously… Thank you.
3. I’ve been at rest areas in 3 different states today. Ewww.
4. O.M.G. I love macadamia nuts.
5. I also love my car. My car is awesome.
6. Related note – no matter how awesome my car is, I don’t particularly want to spend 10 continuous hours in it again any time soon.
7. I already miss my family.
8. Indianapolis (actually 465) pissed me off, but 65 was very pretty and a nice drive. Louisville was shockingly easy to drive through. Nashville is breathtaking.
9. I believe road rage originated in Tennessee – more specifically on 24 south of Nashville. Dear Those Drivers, you.
I knew you were jonesing for another set of randomness from The Squirrel! So here we go!!!
- Sh!t got real this week. I’ve had to say goodbye to a lot of family and friends who I am so close to they are like family (and my amazing hair stylist… also like family).
- Related note – I was absolutely touched to have a whole family toast (complete with peppermint schnapps shots) in my honor last weekend. Thank you, family. That meant the world to me.
- A bug – looked like a fruit fly – just walked across my laptop screen. Eeewww!
- Packing the entire house and my office is NOT my idea of fun. <Sigh> But I’m getting pretty good at it! Boom.
- Related thought – I have come to expect a daily meltdown. I freak out and cry hysterically about something stupid and then I move on and get back to work. #totallynormal #dontjudgeme #likeyoudontdoittoo
- I’ve been binge watching Chuck on Netflix.
- Related thought #1 – When I get to Georgia, I won’t have Netflix… or internet… except on my phone. Makes me feel like a cave woman.
- Related thought #2 – When I get to Georgia, I won’t have any furniture or a couple of major necessary appliances. I’ll be sleeping on an air mattress for at least a week. It’ll be like camping!
- I have been eating like total crap this week. Looking forward to my first Georgia detox.
- Quote heard at from my oldest at The White house (my house) this evening… “DO NOT walk on my floor any more because your feet are making fart noises! The response quote was (from DH)… “That’s not my feet.”
Until next time, Team Squirrel!!!