The Squirrel is heading to the ATL!!!
I’ve got BIG NEWS. I have been offered a what I consider to be a once in a lifetime opportunity and I accepted a job at The Home Depot headquarters in Atlanta!
For those of you who know me personally, you know I am NOT much of a risk taker and that this is WAAAAAAY out of character for me. But there were a bunch of things that all seemed to align and the Squirrel Family will be heading down within the next month or so.
Although it was a VERY hard decision to make, we are really looking forward to our new adventure.
Not everyone understands this decision… and they don’t have to. At this moment, and at this time in my family’s lives, this is the right thing for us to do. AND I AM EXCITED!!!!!
In honor of this announcement, here is my pre-ATL RANDOM THOUGHTS list!
- I have only 5 days to completely clean out my current office. YIKES! I have 14 years of crap to sort through.
- While painting my kitchen tonight (prepping the house to go on the market), I was listening to and doing “The Wobble” while standing on a chair. (Melissa, try it! It’s fun!!!)
- Last week, I flew to Atlanta for a couple days. I found a school for my kids and made an offer on a house in my first day and a half down there. Boom. (SQUIRREL – Don’t let me fool you. I was a total anxiety-ridden wreck down there.)
- Related note #1 – Our ATL realtor is one of the coolest people I have ever met. Hi Jimmy!
- Related note #2 – When retelling my ATL trip story today, I received the best compliment ever. My friend told me “You have balls of steel!” LOL – Yep! (Thank you, CF. You flatter me!)
- Robb Wolf and The Paleo Mom are from Atlanta. <girlie scream>
- There are like 900 farmer’s markets near my new house.
- Two words… WHOLE FOODS!
- The gym at my new job offers TONS of classes… including 3 Zumba classes each week! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! Booty shakin’ in the ATL. 😉
To sum things up… Look out, Hotlanta. Here comes THE SQUIRREL!!!
Peace out for now, my friends. More to come soon!