Interesting and exhausting week…
1. All in one evening, our 7-year-old explained network penetration testing and perimeter security (not in those terms, of course) to us during dinner and our 5-year-old exclaimed during homework time, “Those were some damn easy math problems!” I’m such a proud Mommy!
2. It is impossible to find an Elsa dress for under $150 (most are going for nearly $200) and eBay appears to be the only option. Well played, Disney. Well played.
3. We finally left a long, bitter winter and got only a couple of nice days (one was Easter and I had the flu) and now we have a week of rain and a horrible allergy season. You’re drunk, Mother Nature. Go home.
4. I have not started my garden yet. Not one seed started and I haven’t even taken a rake to the beds yet. That bums me out.
5. I found out today that I have insulin resistance and Hashimoto’s disease (hyperthyroidism). Oh goodie. This sure explains a heck of a lot. At least both can be treated and reversed.
6. Related note #1: My neurological chiropractor is the person who figured it out. I owe that dude a huge hug. Or cookies. Or a new car.
7. Related note #2: I now realize I need to replace some of my health care providers. First to be voted off the island: My GP and Endocrinologist. My OB/GYN better step up his game too or he’ll be joining them.
8. My new obsessions…
Netflix – Weeds!
Music – Imagine Dragons
Food – Fried plantains, hot dogs (100% all-natural, no-casing, no preservatives beef – and no bun, of course – with mustard for dipping)
Enjoy your weekend, my friends!