HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
New Year’s Resolution time… I’m leery of posting this because it feels like a recipe for NOT meeting these goals, but here goes.
- Eat healthy. I want to sugar detox and then stick to my paleo diet. I do really well when I follow it religiously, but I struggle with self-discipline. One of my support group friends has recently posted about this and I think I’m onto cracking this nut.
- Get strong. I want to lift weights and build my endurance. An added bonus would be if I could tone up in the process.
- Improve my emotional health. My good friend and nutritionist keeps telling me that I need to identify and address the emotional triggers that keep me from reaching my goals. This will be the most difficult to achieve.
- Improve my self-image. The girl that other people see (and the girl that is in my mirror) is MUCH different than the image of that girl in my head. I want to get comfortable with myself and my body. This resolution is closely tied to the emotional health one.
- Stop caring about what other people think of me. This is another biggie. I need to keep other people out of my “self talk” and learn what *I* want and what makes *me* happy. As a mom/wife, this is a foreign concept to me… but it shouldn’t be.
- Work on house renovations. My house needs work. Not just aesthetically, but structurally too. We’ll never be able to move out of this house if we don’t do this. It’s time.
- Get financially healthy. I want to practice only buying what I “NEED” instead of what we “WANT.” And I want to take care of 2 outstanding debts in particular. (Btw, house renovations is a NEED.)
- Bucket List Birthday. I did this for my 40th and I think it needs to be an annual tradition. The only thing I have on the list this year so far is to eat a fish taco, but I have a couple of months to fill up the list. Don’t worry, I’ll be blogging about it. 🙂
- Lastly, (be brave, Min) I want to wear a bikini… outside… in public… just once. (This is the one WANT I will allow myself as a reward if I can get comfortable enough to do it.)
- There’s one other that I can’t tell you yet, because I’m too scared. I’ll let you know when I’m ready though. Oooh! The suspense!!!
Now I know that resolutions are tricky. They seem to be set up for failure. But I’d like to think of them as guides… or goals… and I can go as fast or as slow as I like to TRY and achieve them. TRY is the objective word here. It’s OK if I don’t make it. I’m giving myself permission to NOT complete this list. (Reverse psychology… BRILLIANT!)
No pressure. Let’s just see how this goes. 😀 I’d love to hear your resolutions if you want to share.
Here’s to a fantastic 2014!!!