1. I got a new sewing machine for Christmas. So far, my kids and I have made pillows. But not just ordinary pillows, huge fake fur bean bag pillows! (Ben – you may recognize the fur from the black one.)
2. Our new video game, Skylanders, is pretty cool. I am enjoying it much more than I thought I would… until the wee hours of the morning.
3. I really enjoyed Christmas. I’ve had 3 family gatherings (there’s one left to attend) and one outing with friends. They’ve all been much less stressful than usual. SCORE!
4. Related note #1 – My side of the family has a tradition of saying grace that ends with the phrase “When in doubt, look up” that is then followed by a shot of peppermint schnapps in a Dixie cup. I can’t imagine having a gathering without that.
5. Related note #2 – That prayer and toast was one of the most heartfelt I have ever seen. My uncle (the family patriarch who always leads the prayer and toast) had us all in tears. It was really touching.
6. Related note #3 – CONGRATULATIONS Kenneth and Brandy!!! (They got engaged on Christmas morning. 🙂 )