I suppose I could also title this post “Hangover Remedies that May or May Not Work.”
Yesterday, several of my work friends and I took the afternoon off (we actually used accrued leave time – in case you were wondering) and attended a fundraising event at a bowling alley. After the event, most of us retreated to another local establishment for darts and age-appropriate beverages. Some of us don’t engage in these types of activities regularly, so we are not exactly feeling up to par today. For me, this is the first time in a LONG time so I kind of had to relearn how to handle a little bit of a hangover. Here’s how I did it:
- After falling asleep on the couch until nearly 4am, I grabbed as many blankets as I could find and tried to finish getting a little sleep. I didn’t have much luck with that, so…..
- I got up at 7am, popped some ibuprofen, a B-complex vitamin, and drank as much water as I could handle. Then I toasted some cinnamon raisin bread and choked that down without too much of an issue.
- I started a pot of coffee and looked up hangover remedies on Pinterest. I came across many frightening ideas there, but decided that eating a banana was the only pin I found that sounded palatable. I ate that with my coffee.
- I took a hot bath… and played Netflix on my tablet next to the bath tub. Yep, I’m just nerdy like that.
- I ate some homemade vegetable beef soup. Good call.
- I ate some gluten-free cookie dough. Not my best decision.
- DH and I went to see a movie. Does it really need to be that loud??? (SQUIRREL – Read Ender’s Game and then go see the movie. DO IT NOW!)
- DH wanted sushi for dinner. Now I love me some sushi, but I think I threw up in my mouth a little bit at the thought of that today. I had more soup instead.
Disclaimer – I was thoroughly impressed with how responsible my co-workers were. There were MANY designated drivers called in. Others stopped consuming hours before they had to drive. And we’ve all seemed to check up on each other today just to make sure everyone made it to their destinations unscathed. Well done, my friends.